PSA will provide an ethical environment for government and industry leaders to:
- Facilitate communication between leaders in government and the commercial sector that fosters a beneficial exchange of information.
- Understand and promote national defense policy and military strategy.
- Rationalize required military capabilities with the broad range of available technology and systems.
- Advise on the investment in critical science and technology in order to further the effectiveness of precision engagement operations.
- Understand and assist DoD in fielding transformational precision strike concepts and technologies, particularly for global strike operations.
- Improve the detection and rapid attack of moving and relocatable targets.
Facilitate shortening the Kill Chain; in particular to find, fix, track, and target.
- Understand and support value-added reform of acquisition policies in order to reduce development time and cost.
Understand and develop concepts for the integration of unmanned systems into precision engagement operations.
- Facilitate understanding and implementation of rapid movement toward networked operations related to precision engagement. In particular, provide greater focus for the improvement of battlespace management capability.
- Improve overall capabilities of sensors.
Pursue a range of navigation and guidance options that minimize planning times and provide prudent alternatives in the event of enemy countermeasures.