PRECISION STRIKE TECHNOLOGY SYMPOSIUM (PSTS-12)
Precision Strike's Role in Sustaining U.S. Global Leadership
Date: October 30 - November 1, 2012
Location: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory | Kossiakoff Center* | Laurel, MD 20723
Due to Storm Sandy, the Precision Strike Technology Symposium PSTS-12 has been cancelled. Your symposium registration fee payment refund paperwork will be submitted for processing next week.
Security Clearance Required – this symposium will be held at the SECRET/US ONLY Classification level
WHY ATTEND PSTS-12
Please click here to view/download/print the current agenda (PDF) a/o October 3rd.
As we embark on the Defense Department's new strategic guidance and transition from an emphasis on today's conflicts to preparing for future global challenges, we must focus on emerging and rapidly evolving threats that will continually pose key challenges to U.S. national military capability. The penetrating and perceptive Precision Strike Technology Symposium 2012 (PSTS-12) agenda for this year is designed to concentrate presentation and discussion on these future challenges with senior DoD leadership and precision strike community stakeholders in an accommodating, security supportive environment at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Laurel, Maryland campus.
PSTS-12 will showcase many of the key national-security challenges that continue to face our great Nation. Keynote speakers will focus on New Precision Strike Capabilities for Global SOF Needs, Required Technologies for the 7th Fleet AOR, Kill Chain Challenges to Counter Naval Threats & Future of Air-Sea Battle, Joint Operational Access Concept and Strategic Posture for Regional Deterrence. Additionally, a hot-topic session will address Intelligence - U.S. Global Threats and a critical panel will concentrate on Nuclear Challenges and Issues. Other riveting agenda topics for this enlightening three-day classified symposium are highlighted below:
- Current & Emerging Threat Assessment
- Meeting Precision Strike Challenges and Opportunities
- Geospatially Enabled Targeting Materials
- Sustaining U.S. Global Leadership
- Weapons for Precision Strike in the Asia/Pacific Region
- Joint Fires Support - What Works, What Does Not, What is Needed Most
- Global Reachback for Targeting Support
- GPS Vulnerabilities - Threats & Roadmaps to Precision and Accuracy
- Arming 5th & 6th Generation Aircraft - Counter A2AD
- Tomahawk Interoperability
- OSD Land Warfare Munitions Perspective
- The Defense Ordnance Technology Consortium (DOTC)
- CONOPS Experimentation
- Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - How Secure is the Kill Chain
- U.S. Army Unmanned Systems Technologies & Challenges
- Technology & National Security Policy - C4ISR Integration
- Integrating Physics-Based Weaponeering Tools with Intelligence & Sensor Info
- Hard Target Munition AoA
- Testing Against Hard and Deeply Buried Targets
- Conventional Prompt Global Strike
- Global Strike Requirements and Operations
- Global War Against Radical Islam
Special Award Ceremony
Richard H. Johnson Technical Achievement Award
Security Requirements (Download PSTS-12 Security Form)
Download/Print/View Security Form (PDF).
All attendees must be U.S. Citizens holding a Secret or higher clearance. Visit requests must be sent via JPAS to SMO Code 888984. Enter "PSTS" in the phone field, POC: Angie DeKleine. If you do not have access to JPAS, please use the security form on page 9 of this brochure. Forms can be faxed to (240) 228-6400 or mailed to the following address: JHU/APL - ATTN: Visitor Control / 11100 Johns Hopkins Road | Laurel, MD 20723-6099.
Questions regarding security forms only: Telephone: (240) 228-5661
JHU/APL Employees: If you are a JHU/APL employee, please contact Beth Varney to register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each registrant is responsible for making his/her own hotel reservation. A block of rooms has been reserved at the newly renovated:
Double Tree by Hilton Columbia
5485 Twin Knolls Road
Columbia, MD 21045
800-445-8667 or 410-997-1060
Reservations can be made by calling: 800-445-8667 or 410-997-1060; please reference "Precision Strike Association" to obtain the special rate.
- Government per diem: $105.00 Single/$115.00 Double
- Suite: $159.00
Reservation Cut-off date: this coming Monday, October 15, 2012.
Download/Print/View Registration Form (PDF)
- Government Employee/Academia = $300
- Industry/Individual Members = $800
- Industry/Individual Non-Members = $900
Register for this symposium online at http://www.precisionstrike.org. You will be directed to the NDIA registration web page. You will receive a confirmation via email after you use the CONFIRM button on the web page. When registering online, please review and change any necessary information then "submit" and "confirm" your entry. PLEASE make sure you check your account information for accuracy (i.e.: spelling of name, address, company name, email address, phone number etc.).
Fax: Complete registration form with payment information and fax to (703) 527-5094.
Mail: Complete registration form with payment to: PSA - Angie DeKleine, Event #3PST, 2111 Wilson Blvd., Suite 400, Arlington, VA 22201-3601.
Acceptable forms of payment include: Checks (with mailed registrations); Credit Cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners club but not Discover Card. Payment must be made at time of registration. A late fee of $50 will be added to any registration received after October 23, 2012. Please register onsite after the deadline date. Non-member fee includes individual membership in PSA for a one-year period.
DISABILITIES: PSA/NDIA supports the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Attendees with special needs should call Angie DeKleine at (703) 247-2599, before Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
ATTIRE: Appropriate dress for this Symposium is business attire for civilian and military Class A uniform for military presenters. Military attendees may wear the Uniform of the Day for their respective organizations.
PROCEEDINGS:The unclassified proceedings for PSTS will be available for all attendees online 2-3 weeks after the event. The URL for the proceedings will be included in the conference materials to be distributed at the symposium for those who attend. Please note not all presentations are included in the proceedings as they will be given at a classified level. The decision to include an unclassified version of their presentation is left up to the presenter.
FINAL AGENDA AND ATTENDANCE ROSTER: A final (revised) agenda and attendance roster will be distributed at the meeting. In order to appear on the roster, your completed registration and payment must be received by COB Tuesday, October 23, 2012. An updated roster will not be printed after the conference.
How to Register on-line for this Conference:
If you are a returning customer (if you have already visited our new Customer Portal website, using your previously assigned Customer/Membership ID number and verified and confirmed your password):
1. Please log-on under the conference web site: Http://www.ndia.org/meetings/3PST, and go to the “Registration” section to register. You will be directed to the NDIA registration web page.
2. You will receive a “Thank you for registering for 3PST Event Registration Confirmation, Invoice#” confirmation email immediately upon receipt of your payment online, so please ensure that your e-mail address is complete and accurate.
Please note: If you are registering another person or co-worker(s), (e.g. you are an Executive Assistant, the government agency credit card holder, etc.) you must enter their respective email address(es)/user and password(s) of each person(s) you are registering. You CAN NOT use your own Customer ID account profile to register another individual(s).
If you are registering multiple persons online (e.g., if you are registering your boss and/or co-worker(s), company/agency credit card holder registering several people, etc.), you must follow these steps to register each person:
1. You must “log-in” under each individual’s Customer ID and password login information.
2. You must then “Logout” (button found in top right corner of the registration page, in the red section, next to “NDIA web site” & “Contact Us”) after submitting each registration.
3. To log back in for each additional registration, please click the “Find an Event” (middle tab found on the left menu tab options), then type in “3PST” under “Title”, then click “Go”.
4. Please click the “Register Now” button on the right. Please log back-in to register the next individual (repeating the steps above).
If you are registering another person (other than yourself or are the credit card holder/purchasing agent) the invoice# confirmation email will be sent to the email address in the individual profile used when registering. Please check with that individual to make sure that they received the confirmation invoice# email.
If you do not receive an emailed confirmation with your invoice# after submitting your registration, your 2012 Precision Strike Technology Symposium (PSTS-12) conference registration is incomplete and was not received by NDIA. Please call NDIA immediately at (703) 522-1820 for assistance.
If you are a new visitor, you will need to click to https://eweb.ndia.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx to “Create a New Account” or to “Verify your Account Status”, before registering on-line.
1. Either verify your account with your email address or enter your user name and password.
2. If a match is found and it is you, you can request a new password.
3. If your account cannot be verified, click “Create an Account Now”.
4. Enter all required information and click Continue.
5. If any required information is left out, you will be notified in red at the bottom of the screen near the cancel and continue buttons.
6. You will be sent an email from email@example.com that contains your customer ID and password information.
7. Return to the link Http://www.ndia.org/meetings/3PST from here, you can continue with the registration process.
If all required information is input correctly, you will see “Thank you for your registration!”. You are now logged in. Please feel free to explore all of the services available.
Suggestion: Please print the following steps before logging-in to register multiple individuals:
• You must “log-in” under each individual’s Customer ID and password login information.
• Once you have logged-into the registration page, you must answer the “how did you hear about this event?” and “registrant type” questions on the two pull-down tabs (select), in order for the “event fees” information to be displayed.
• From there you may select your registration fee category. Be sure to click “recalculate” before submitting your “payment information”.
• The invoice# confirmation email will be sent to the e-mail address in the individual profile used when registering. Please check with that individual to make sure that they received the confirmation email.
• You must then “Logout” (button found in top right corner of the registration page, in the red section, next to “NDIA web site” & “Contact Us”) after submitting each registration.
• To log back in for each additional registration, please click the “Find an Event” (middle tab found on the left menu tab options), then type in “3PST” under “Title”, then click “Go”.
• Please click the “Register Now” button on the right. Please log back-in to register the next individual (repeating the steps above).
You will receive a confirmation via email after you use the CONFIRM button on the web page. When registering online, please review and change any necessary information then “submit” and “confirm” your entry. PLEASE make sure you check your account information for accuracy (i. e: spelling of name, address, company name, email address, phone number etc.).
Completed conference registration form with payment information and fax to 703-522-4656.
Acceptable forms of payment include: Checks (with mailed registrations); Credit cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club but not Discover Card. Payment must be made at time of registration. A late fee of $50.00 will be added to any registration received after October 23, 2012. Please register onsite after the deadline date. Non-member fee includes individual membership in PSA for a one-year period.
This event is sponsored solely by The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), a non-profit, non- federal entity (NFE) and is eligible for participation and attendance by federal government personnel. Individual DoD Component commands or organizations are responsible for approving attendance of their DoD employees based on mission requirements and DoD regulations.
There is a possibility that registration may be closed early due to capacity limitations and that late and/or on-site registration may not be offered. We sometimes sell out and must close registration early; we strongly suggest you register early for this unique event.
REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION e-MAILS
Once your on-line registration has been submitted, you will receive a “Thank you for registering for 3PST Event Registration Confirmation, Invoice#” confirmation email immediately upon receipt of your payment online, so please ensure that your e-mail address is complete and accurate. Please bring a copy of this confirmation with you to the conference to help avoid any possible delays at check-in.
• If you do not receive an emailed confirmation with your invoice#, please call NDIA immediately at (703) 522-1820 for assistance. The confirmation may have been filtered out as SPAM or the e-mail address you used may have been misspelled.
• If you are registering another person other than yourself (e.g. a co-worker, your boss, etc.), the invoice# confirmation email will be sent to the email address in the individual profile used when registering. Please check with that individual to make sure that they received the confirmation email.
• If you registered another person (e.g. a co-worker, your boss, etc.) on-line, the invoice# confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address of the person you registered. Please check with that individual to make sure that they received the confirmation e-mail.
• If you are registering another person (other than yourself or are the credit card holder/purchasing agent) on-line, the invoice# confirmation email will be sent to the email address in the individual profile used when registering. Please check with that individual to make sure that they received the confirmation invoice# email.
• When you, or your accounting representative/credit card holder/training officer registers you for an conference or event on the NDIA website, he/she can put in a second e-mail address to receive a second, additional copy of the confirmation registration e-mail receipt.
• As always, the attendee will receive a confirmation e-mail to his/her own e-mail address by default (to e-mail address in the attendee’s database record).
Questions: If you are the credit card holder/purchasing agent and did not (or wish to receive a copy of the confirmation, please send an e-mail Association Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org .
CANCELLATIONS, SUBSTITUTIONS AND REQUESTS FOR REFUNDS
All cancellations, substitutions, and requests for refunds must be done so in writing. Registrants who are unable to attend the conference must fax or email their cancellation or refund request on or before Tuesday, October 23, 2012, to the attention of: Angie De Kleine, CAE,CMP at (703) 522-1885, email: email@example.com .
NO refunds will be issued for cancellations received after 5:00 PM EST this date. A $50.00 administrative fee will be applied to ALL cancellations received before cob Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
Refunds will not be issued for no-shows. If an attendee has not submitted payment for his/her registration, and does not attend the conference or cancel by the deadline, he/she will be invoiced for the balance due.
We do not issue refunds for the sole purpose of switching forms of payment; please be sure you are registering with the correct form of payment (a fee will be applied to those wishing to switch forms of payment).
This cancellation/refund policy applies to all attendees regardless of their method of payment, registration, and/or reasons for the cancellation.
Refunds are a two step process:
• 1st the registration cancellation refund paperwork is processed by the ASC registration department;
• 2nd that paper work is then turned over to the Accounting department.
• The refund process can take up to 5 to 14 business days to actually see the credit.
Substitutions are welcome!
Substitutions must be submitted in writing, by the original registrant, by faxing to 703-522-4656; or via e-mail Association Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. If requesting a substitution, please indicate if payment (if already received by NDIA) is to be transferred to the new attendee or refunded.
If submitting your cancellation/refund request by fax, please keep a copy of the fax confirmation receipt for your records.
Sponsorship Opportunities are still available:
Current Continental Breakfast sponsors include a/o October 4th:
- ATK (Tuesday)
- Kaman Fuzing Products (Wednesday)
Current Lunch sponsors include a/o October 4th:
- SAIC (Tuesday)
- Lockheed Martin (Wednesday)
- Northrop Grumman (Thursday)
Current Networking Reception sponsors include a/o October 4th:
Download/Print/View Sponsorship Form (PDF)
Current exhibitor displays include a/o October 4th:
- DOTC (#2)
- Marotta Controls, Inc. (#10)
- Northrop Grumman (#7)
- Pratt & Whitney (#6)
Download/Print/View Exhibition Form (PDF)
WHY EXHIBIT AT PSTS? Don't miss the opportunity to put your technology, innovations, and products in front of the US military. Providing the best equipment in the timeliest manner to our warfighters is what this symposium is all about. Along with the opportunity to network directly with senior DoD officials, program managers, procurement people and end-users; you will have the opportunity to put your product in the hands of the attendees at the PSTS-12 during the exhibitions!
EXHIBITION SPACE: Display space available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please refer to the exhibit hall diagram for exact display locations. Each 8'x8' display will consist of a 6' table with two chairs. (Please note: ceiling height in the display area is 11.5' from the floor). Exhibitors will also receive recognition in the onsite conference brochure, attendee's list and slide presentation shown at each break.
- PSA Members: $1,250 (Includes one registration pass)
- Non-Members: $1,500 (Includes one registration pass)
- PSA Small Business Members: Complimentary with paid registration for each person at the booth
- Government& Military: Complimentary with paid registration for each person at the booth
Note to exhibitors: If you plan to attend the symposium, please complete your security request.
Contact Angie DeKleine at email@example.com or call 703-247-2599