PRECISION STRIKE ANNUAL REVIEW (PSAR-13)
Date: March 19 - March 20, 2013
Location: Waterford at Springfield, VA
Theme: Precision Engagement - New Strategic Environment
Precision Engagement-New Strategic Environment is the theme for the 2013 Precision Strike Annual Review (PSAR-13) scheduled for 19-20 March 2013 at the Waterford at Springfield. This Review will address strike warfare requirements and capability decisions critical to national security.
PSA perseveres in the growing importance of precision strike systems in shaping our national defense posture and in influencing events around the world. PSAR-13 is structured to be a powerful and informative program that will concentrate on global presence in the Asia-Pacific Region and will describe both the new strategic environment, as well as the needed characteristics of future strike weapons and systems. Further, PSAR-13 will provide insights into "hot-spot" activities and evolving threats to strike warfare in the Middle East.
PSA is honored to present Representative Mac Thornberry (R-TX, 13th District)-Vice Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee-to kick off the Review on opening day. Further, we are delighted that keynote speakers Honorable Frank Kendall-Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics-and Rear Admiral Rick Snyder, USN-Deputy Director for Joint Strategic Planning, the Joint Staff (J-5)-will address the precision strike community. Additionally, Major General Harry Greene, USA-Deputy for Acquisition and Systems Management-has been invited, but he is not yet confirmed.
Representative Thornberry will present the congressional perspective on the new strategic environment related to the pivot to the Asia-Pacific Region. Mr. Kendall will highlight acquisition opportunities in meeting precision strike challenges in the new strategic environment, and Rear Admiral Snyder will respond to the security environment in which the United States military forces remain actively engaged, and he will focus on the rebalance for the new strategic environment. If confirmed, Major General Greene will address mid- and far-term challenges for precision engagement. They are four of a host of numerous top visionaries and strategy experts who will talk about the Administration's priorities, policies and strategies that impact precision engagement to help us better define the future of precision strike. Other speakers will address wide-ranging challenges and activities of paramount interest to the precision strike community.
A special feature of PSAR-13 will be the presentation of the William J. Perry Award to a very deserving individual or team of experts who have made significant contributions to the development and support of precision strike systems that have led to the strengthening of our vital national security interests. Dr. Paul Kaminski-Director, Defense Science Board-will present this year's award on behalf of Dr. Bill Perry.
Please join our distinguished leadership speakers as they showcase critical challenges facing our great nation related to the new strategic environment. Review page 15 of this Digest for a snapshot of major topics to be addressed during PSAR-13.
Highlights will include:
This annual review will focus on global presence and will describe both the new strategic environment, as well as needed characteristics of future strike weapons & systems.
Confirmed Leadership Speakers include:
- OSD Acquisition-Policy-R&E
- The Joint Staff
- All Services
- Int'l Arena
- Industry & Academia
Special Award Presentation Ceremony:
- The William J. Perry Award
WHY ATTEND PSAR-13?
As we end today's wars and focus on a broader range of challenges and opportunities, including the security and prosperity of the Asia-Pacific Region, the
precision strike community will need to invest in technologically advanced precision engagement capabilities critical to future success-including intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; operating in anti-access environments; and prevailing in all domains, including cyber. In concentrating on global presence that will emphasize the Asia-Pacific Region, we need to continue to keep close tabs on the Middle East "hot spots" to ensure that we can meet any future threats and be able to retain freedom of maneuver globally.
The Precision Strike Association has planned a riveting agenda of critical topics for discussion by national leaders describing the new strategic environment
and needed characteristics of future strike weapons and systems. Leadership speakers scheduled to address PSAR-13 hail from Congress, OSD, the Joint Staff,
COCOMs, Military Departments, PEO Organizations, Field Activities, Industry, and Academia. They will help us to showcase and gain insight into requirements
and programs reflected below that will be addressed during this two-day review.
PSAR-13 will showcase:
- Rebalance to the Asia-Pacific Region
- "Hot Spots" in the Middle East
- Critical Perspectives-National Security, Defense Policy, and the Budget
- Future Force Development
- Mid- and Far-Term Challenges for Precision Engagement
- 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review
- Precision Weapons & Munitions for Tomorrow's Strategic Environment
- International & Services Precision Weapons Sessions-including Air-Sea
- S&T & Laboratory Initiatives for the Asia-Pacific Region
- C4ISR Integration
- Acquisition Opportunities in Meeting Precision Strike Challenges
- USSOCOM's Perspective on Delivering Precision Strike Capabilities
- Joint Strike Fighter-Precision Engagement in the New Strategic Environment
A highlight of PSAR-13 will be the presentation of the 17TH William J. Perry Award during the Luncheon on Opening Day to a recipient who has made significant
contributions to the development, introduction, or support of precision strike systems. Please bring your associates to share in this very important and timely review.
Download/Print/View the Brochure (PDF)
Download/Print/View the Agenda (PDF)
Appropriate dress for this conference is business attire for civilian and uniform of the day for active military.
PSA/NDIA supports the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Attendees with special needs should call (703) 247-2590, before COB March 13, 2013.
Annual Programs Review Committee
- PSA Programs Chair: Ginny Sniegon
- PSA Programs Vice-Chair: Captain Mike Flanagan USN
- Annual Review Co-Chairs: Captain Buck Burt USN (Ret) & Ginny Sniegon
- Congressional & William J. Perry Award Chair: Dick Rumpf
- International Chair: Earle Rudolph
- Annual Meeting Chair: Suzy Kennedy
U.S. Military Chairs
- Air Force:
- Colonels Mark Moore, USAF
- Lenny D'Amico, USAF
- Bob Valin, USAF
- Commander Scott Wilson, USN
- Major Craig McDermott, USMC
- Marine Corps:
- Major Kevin Kuginskie, USMC
- Joint Staff:
- Lt Col Tim Farquhar, USAF
- Lt Col Ryan Nichols, USAF
LOCATION and LODGING
Waterford at Springfield, VA
6715 Commerce Street
Springfield, VA 22150
Each registrant is responsible for making his/her own hotel reservation. A block of rooms has been reserved at the newly renovated:
PSA has reserved a block of rooms at the Hilton Springfield Hotel. When making reservations please reference 'Precision Strike Association' to obtain the special rate.
6550 Loisdale Rd
Springfield VA, 22150
Phone: 703-971-8900 or 1-800-774-1500
Discounted rate: $224.00/$239.00
Please call to make your reservations early. All rooms are on a first come first serve basis.
Reservations can be made by calling: 800-445-8667; please reference 'Precision Strike Association' to obtain the special rate.
• Government per diem: $105.00 Single/$115.00 Double
• Suite: $159.00
Reservation Cut-off date: February 28, 2013
- Register Online Today -
Industry PSA Member and affiliates (AFEI, NDIA, NTSA, and WID)..........$585
No refunds for cancellation received after 03/13/2013. Substitutions welcome in lieu of cancellations!
Online: Register for this conference online
Step by Step Registration Instructions
You will be directed to the NDIA registration web page. You will receive an e-mailed confirmation after you use the CONFIRM button on the web page. When registering online, please review your information then 'submit' and 'confirm' your entry. PLEASE make sure you check your account information for accuracy (i.e.: spelling of name, address, company name, e-mail address, phone number, etc).
How to Register on-line for this Conference:
If you are a returning customer (if you have already visited our new Customer Portal website, using your previously assigned Customer/Membership ID number and verified and confirmed your password):
- Please log-on under the conference web site: Http://www.ndia.org/meetings/3PST, and go to the
'Registration' section to register. You will be directed to the NDIA registration web page.
- You will receive a 'Thank you for registering for 3PPR Event Registration Confirmation, Invoice#' confirmation e-mail immediately upon receipt of your payment online, so please ensure that your e-mail address is complete and accurate.
Please note: If you are registering another person or co-worker(s), (e.g. you are an Executive Assistant, the government agency credit card holder, etc.) you must enter their respective e-mail address(es)/user and password(s) of each person(s) you are registering. You CAN NOT use your own Customer ID account profile to register another individual(s).
If you are registering multiple persons online (e.g., if you are registering your boss and/or co-worker(s), company/agency credit card holder registering several people, etc.), you must follow these steps to register each person:
- You must 'log-in' under each individual's Customer ID and password login information.
- You must then 'Logout' (button found in top right corner of the registration page, in the red section, next to 'NDIA web site' & 'Contact Us') after submitting each registration.
- To log back in for each additional registration, please click the 'Find an Event' (middle tab found on the left menu tab options), then type in '3PPR' under 'Title', then click 'Go'.
- Please click the 'Register Now' button on the right. Please log back-in to register the next individual (repeating the steps above).
If you are registering another person (other than yourself or are the credit card holder/purchasing agent) the invoice# confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address in the individual profile used when registering. Please check with that individual to make sure that they received the confirmation invoice# e-mail.
If you do not receive an e-mailed confirmation with your invoice# after submitting your registration, your 2013 Precision Strike Annual Review conference registration is incomplete and was not received by NDIA. Please call NDIA immediately at (703) 522-1820 for assistance.
If you are a new visitor, you will need to click to https://eweb.ndia.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx to 'Create a New Account' or to 'Verify your Account Status', before registering on-line.
- Either verify your account with your e-mail address or enter your user name and password.
- If a match is found and it is you, you can request a new password.
- If your account cannot be verified, click 'Create an Account Now'.
- Enter all required information and click Continue.
- If any required information is left out, you will be notified in red at the bottom of the screen near the cancel and continue buttons.
- You will be sent an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org that contains your customer ID and password information.
- Return to the link http://www.ndia.org/meetings/3PPR from here, you can continue with the registration process.
If all required information is input correctly, you will see 'Thank you for your registration!'. You are now logged in. Please feel free to explore all of the services available.
Suggestion: Please print the following steps before logging-in to register multiple individuals:
- You must "log-in" under each individual's Customer ID and password login information.
- Once you have logged-into the registration page, you must answer the "how did you hear about this event?" and "registrant type" questions on the two pull-down tabs (select), in order for the "event fees" information to be displayed.
- From there you may select your registration fee category. Be sure to click "recalculate" before submitting your "payment information".
- The invoice# confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address in the individual profile used when registering. Please check with that individual to make sure that they received the confirmation e-mail.
- You must then "Logout" (button found in top right corner of the registration page, in the red section, next to "NDIA web site" & "Contact Us") after submitting each registration.
- To log back in for each additional registration, please click the "Find an Event" (middle tab found on the left menu tab options), then type in "3PPR" under "Title", then click "Go".
- Please click the "Register Now" button on the right. Please log back-in to register the next individual (repeating the steps above).
You will receive a confirmation via e-mail after you use the CONFIRM button on the web page. When registering online, please review and change any necessary information then "submit" and "confirm" your entry. PLEASE make sure you check your account information for accuracy (i. e: spelling of name, address, company name, e-mail address, phone number etc.).
Completed conference registration form with payment information and fax to 703-522-4656.
Download/Print/View the Registration Form (PDF)
Completed conference registration form with payment to:
PSA – attn: Angie De Kleine, CAE, CMP (Event #3PPR)
2111 Wilson Blvd., Suite 400
Arlington, VA 22201-3601
Download/Print/View the Registration Form (PDF)
Acceptable forms of payment include: Checks (with mailed registrations); Credit cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club but not Discover Card. Payment must be made at time of registration. A late fee of $50.00 will be added to any registration received after October 23, 2012. Please register onsite after the deadline date. Non-member fee includes individual membership in PSA for a one-year period.
This event is sponsored solely by The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), a non-profit, non- federal entity (NFE) and is eligible for participation and attendance by federal government personnel. Individual DoD Component commands or organizations are responsible for approving attendance of their DoD employees based on mission requirements and DoD regulations.
There is a possibility that registration may be closed early due to capacity limitations and that late and/or on-site registration may not be offered. We sometimes sell out and must close registration early; we strongly suggest you register early for this unique event.
CANCELLATIONS, SUBSTITUTIONS AND REQUESTS FOR REFUNDS
All cancellations, substitutions, and requests for refunds must be done so in writing. Registrants who are unable to attend the conference must fax or e-mail their cancellation or refund request on or before Tuesday, October 23, 2012, to the attention of: Angie De Kleine, CAE,CMP at (703) 522-1885, e-mail: email@example.com.
NO refunds will be issued for cancellations received after 5:00 PM EST this date. A $75.00 administrative fee will be applied to ALL cancellations received before cob Wednesday, March 18, 2013.
Refunds will not be issued for no-shows. If an attendee has not submitted payment for his/her registration, and does not attend the conference or cancel by the deadline, he/she will be invoiced for the balance due.
We do not issue refunds for the sole purpose of switching forms of payment; please be sure you are registering with the correct form of payment (a fee will be applied to those wishing to switch forms of payment).
This cancellation/refund policy applies to all attendees regardless of their method of payment, registration, and/or reasons for the cancellation.
Refunds are a two step process:
- 1st the registration cancellation refund paperwork is processed by the ASC registration department;
- 2nd that paper work is then turned over to the Accounting department.
- The refund process can take up to 5 to 14 business days to actually see the credit.
Substitutions are welcome!
Substitutions must be submitted in writing, by the original registrant, by faxing to 703-522-4656; or via e-mail Association Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. If requesting a substitution, please indicate if payment (if already received by NDIA) is to be transferred to the new attendee or refunded.
If submitting your cancellation/refund request by fax, please keep a copy of the fax confirmation receipt for your records.
Other acceptable forms of payment include: Checks (with mailed registrations); Government Purchase Orders; Credit cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express & Diners Club. We do not accept Discover Card.
Payment must be made at time of registration. Please register onsite after the deadline date. Non-member fee includes individual membership in PSA for a one-year period.
Download/Print/View the Sponsorship Brochure (PDF)
Sponsorship Opportunities are still available:
Current Continental Breakfast sponsors include a/o January 30th:
Current Lunch sponsors include a/o January 30th:
- SAIC (Tuesday)
- Lockheed Martin (Wednesday)
Download/Print/View the Sponsorship Brochure (PDF) and fax to NDIA @ 703-522-4656 by Friday, March 1, 2013.
If you're interested in sponsoring or have any questions, please contact either: Bruce Roulstone at ph# (703) 247-2574, e-mail: email@example.com; or Angie De Kleine at ph# (703) 247-2599, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The awards and prizes will be distributed following the tournament.
If you have submitted a sponsorship form and your company is not listed above, please contact Angie De Kleine, CAE, CMP via e-mail: email@example.com, by COB Friday, March 1, 2013.
Please bookmark the conference website to check for updates.
Contact Angie DeKleine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-247-2599